Not a lot going on in my CASA case. Went and visited with Frankie few days ago. He hadn’t been feeling well but he was still just as happy as ever. He is growing stronger everyday. He does have a few health issues that are concerning so we’ll just have to wait and see what has to be done there, if anything. The foster parents met with his parents to discuss the possibilities of adoption. They felt like they were close to a decision but Mom wasn’t totally sure she was ready for that move. I can understand that. I’m glad she’s taking time to think it through. Even if they do decide to give him up for adoption the state isn’t going to let it happen right away. It’ll probably be at least another 9 months before anything would be finalized. A lot can happen in 9 months!
The parents still aren’t doing everything they are suppose to do. The one that is toughest for me to understand is the visitation. They are only attending about half of them. If my baby had been taken out of my home nothing would stop me from seeing him anytime I could! I worry that this could drag on far too long. Right now Frankie doesn’t understand everything that’s going on and I don’t want it to get to the point where he does. That would break my heart!